3G signals attenuate severely when traveling through building walls, floors, and windows, leaving more than 40% of homes and offices with poor indoor coverage. Nextivity’s Cel-Fi systems are carrier-grade solutions designed to eliminate ndoor dead zones and work in harmony with the macro network.
Nextivity ’s second generation Cel-Fi RS-2 is a cost- effective and intelligent Indoor Coverage Solution for WCDMA/HSPA+, designed to dramatically increase indoor voice quality and data throughput for 3G consumers while significantly improving network capacity for Mobile Operators, Small Businesses and MVNOs.
Breakthrough, patented technology enables a wireless, indoor, plug-and-play, user-installable coverage solution that’s so “no-touch” easy to use it obviates the need for support calls to the Operator ’s Help Desk.
Benefit to consumers
Improved Voice Coverage: Enables clear and reliable 3G voice connections within the coverage area — usually up to 1235 m2 (13,000 Sq. Ft.).
Improved Data Throughput: For indoor areas with poor reception, Cel-Fi o!ers signi"- cant data throughput improvements — often in excess of four times the current rate!
Improved Battery Life: Cel-Fi manages the power levels between the cell tower and user devices so that subscriber devices enjoy signi"cant improvements in battery life.
Ease of Installation: Cel-Fi is a true “Plug and Play” system that doesn’t require the installation of external antennas, bulky coaxial cables or a con"guration set-up by the subscriber. In fact, Cel-Fi intelligently and automatically senses and adapts to its environment — including changes made by the Operator or those caused by nearby user equipment like WiFi, or other Cel-Fi devices.
Benefit to operators
Reduced Churn: Fewer dropped calls and higher data rates help ensure customer retention. Higher Data Service Usage: By supporting advanced multi-carrier features, the second generation Cel-Fi system ensures that customers can maximize their data rates.
Decreased Operational Cost: Lowers cost of indoor coverage and increases capacity of 3G networks.
Network Safe: Cel-Fi’s embedded System-On-a-Chip technology provides real-time and automatic end-to-end gain control, thus guaranteeing it will complement the existing macro network’s capabilities.
Operator Specific: Cel-Fi’s On-Board IntelliBoost processor securely manages the enhanced services only for the Operator who supplied the system.
Self-Adjusting: Cel-Fi automatically selects the correct frequency for use based on UARFCN and Operator PLMNID codes, thereby eliminating additional and costly Operator provisioning efforts. Multi Carrier Support: The Cel-Fi RS2 system supports multiple carriers (up to three simultaneous).
- Fully wireless, plug-and-play architecture for supporting WCDMA/HSPA+ with up to 100dB of system gain.
- Patented 2-unit, 3-hop system allows #exible placement for optimal coverage.
- Processor running advanced digital echo cancellation and channel select filtering algorithm.
- Software-based optimization of integrated antenna coverage pattern which maximizes system gain and provides improved coverage and signal quality.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) continuously monitors system path loss and transmits power to deliver maximum gain.
- Intuitive LED User Interface (UI) allows quick and easy installation by end-user.
- Securely provisioned operation with ciphered software which only operates on authorized Operator’s network.
- Network-Safe software prevents uplink system gain from exceeding path loss, and eliminates unnecessary rise in base station noise level.
- Uplink Muting Mode automatically shuts down uplink cellular transmissions when no active user equipment is detected.
- Embedded software ensures optimal performance and prevents out-of-specification operation.
- System shuts down upon Operator’s network command or failure detection.
- Maintains end-to-end cellular communication encryption without additional risk of vulnerability.
- Peaceful coexistence with adjacent Cel-Fi systems, 802.11a/b/g/n, cellular, and femtocell devices.
- Nextivity’s IntelliBoost Baseband Processor II
- Support for 3GPP Rel. 8 features
- 5 GHz link compliant with ETSI EN301 893 V1.5.1
- Up to 100dB path loss between units (approx. 20 meters between WU and CU)
- Max EIRP: 14.7 dBm (max 3 carriers) downlink - 25.7dBm (max three carriers) uplink
- Up to 100 dB system gain
- Availability greater than 99.9%